Friday, February 15, 2013

Judge Much???

I have always prided myself on not judging people. I don't judge based on race or religion, but this afternoon I found myself judging two different women on something that may surprise you--their weight!

I know--ME?  Judging them after I weighed more than 300 pounds?  Where do I get off?  Truth is, I asked myself that question, and then really truly scolded myself for even thinking what I thought.  But truth is, I did think it.  Both women in question were easily 400+ and both were using the "scooters" at Sam's Club.

My thought: "You wouldn't need that scooter if you lost some weight."  And it's true--they PROBABLY wouldn't...after all, I used to use those same scooters to get around Sam's.  But they also may have had some debilitating disease, which I couldn't possibly know by looking so where do I get off judging?

Truth is, I felt terrible about even thinking it--which is why I'm sitting here less than 30 minutes later, writing a "confession" of sorts.  I also know that people thought the very same thing about ME when I was scooting around the store--and of course, they were right.  I'm living proof of that.  Still, I had no right to think that of these women--because if it weren't for the surgery, I'd have been riding along side them.

Think about it.  When's the last time you saw a large person and thought, "Why doesn't he/she do something about..."  Did you chastise yourself?  You should have.  After all..."judge not lest ye be judged."

Phew...I feel better now.  It's FRIDAY!  Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment