Tuesday, April 24, 2012

From Food-aholic to Fashionista?

I used to live to eat.  I did.  I loved food, and I thought it was my friend.  I ate when I was happy.  I ate when I was sad.  I ate when I was distressed, depressed or overjoyed.  Every occasion was an occasion to eat!  Food has lost most of its pleasure for me; generally speaking, I eat because I HAVE to.

I've discovered I like to shop, though!  It's fun to walk into a store, knowing that something will fit!  Last night, after my doctor's appointment, I went to World Market.  I love that store--they have a website if you don't have one near you.  It's filled with great imports--food, artwork, wine, kitchen and bathroom accessories, furniture and some clothing.  I've always loved their clothing, but they didn't sell anything in my size.  Well, that's all changed!

I bought an adorable blouse!  It's belted.  And a print.  Both "no-no"s before.  Additionally, it isn't stretchy! Ha, ha!  And the best part?  It was $26.99.  I had a $10 gift certificate from their loyalty program AND a coupon for $10 off $30.  The blouse cost me $6.99!  And it's pretty and I feel pretty in it!  I'll get someone to take a photo so I can post it!

Have a terrific Tuesday, everyone!  Tomorrow through Friday, I'll be gone to DC with the seniors, so I probably won't post again until Saturday!  Enjoy the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment