Sunday, April 1, 2012

On the Road Again!

Getting round this morning to get on the road to NY, I wanted to take a few minutes to write about three things on my mind.

The first thing is the ease of bending.  Have you ever been driving when you dropped something at your feet?  Recovering the dropped item--change, mascara, whatever--was nearly impossible 100 pounds ago.  Yesterday, I was struck by how easy it was to pick up the change I dropped at the pharmacy drive-up window!  Just another one of those "aha" moments!

A couple of weeks ago, I bought the top that I wear in the newest photo on the side of this blog.  It was inexpensive, and I love the colors.  Well, I've seen it almost six times on other women, so they apparently felt the same way about it.  What I find remarkable is that I keep looking at it on other women and saying, "Nah, it looks better on me!"  Wow, huh?  I had no idea I was such an egomaniac.  Well, as it turns out, I don't think it's egomania that's the reason behind my statement.  For the first time EVER, I'm wearing the SMALLEST size available in an item.  (It's a "plus" size, so the 16 is the smallest).  So of course it looks better on me, I'm SMALLER!

And the last thing--I will NEVER go as long without protein as I did this week.  It's horrible having a sore throat--you know you can't taste anything, and you really don't want to eat anything, either.  Well, yesterday Whit and I were shopping for a few things for me to take to my mom, and I almost passed out.  Truly.  I was sweating, my heart was pounding, I was shaky--about to crash.  We bought a "Snickers Marathon" bar--it has a LOT of sugar in it, but 21 grams of protein in the entire thing, and I only nibbled on about a fifth of it, but it helped a lot. (18 grams of sugars, but unlike some protein bars, it wasn't super "vitaminy".

I'll be at my mom's by 8pm tonight, and I'm looking so forward to seeing her and my friends!  Have a super Sunday, and I'll write when I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment