Friday, August 5, 2011

And so it begins...

Thanks for joining me on this journey.  It is less than 9 hours before I'm supposed to be at the hospital, so I'm going to make this quick.  I'm having bariatric surgery for weight loss tomorrow.  You may know it as "gastric bypass", or more crudely, "stomach stapling".  For my own catharsis--and perhaps for your information if you're considering this rather extreme measure--I've decided to blog this exciting and scary trip to rediscovery.  So...fasten your seatbelts.  To quote the great Bette Davis, "It's going to be a bumpy night!" (and day and week and month and...well, you get the idea!) 


Oh, by the way, I'm RHONDA, not Isabella although all my blog posts are going to say that because my Gmail account is in the name of the protagonist from my YA as-yet-unpublished novel.  Did you follow that?  You did?  Awesome...we're going to get along just fine!!

3 comments:

  1. So...I figured out how to change my NAME on this, so you can totally disregard that last paragraph. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rhonda - Godspeed to you my friend! I am now a little over 9 month post surgery and have lost 85lbs! I have 25 more til goal! It has been an awesome journey so far! Ups and downs but at the end of the day I would do it ALL again! Here is my blog and story. http://www.nhcs.org/patient-blog/blogid/1 - I pray you find encouragement and hope from my journey. I am a friend of Crystal's. If you have any questions - feel free to ask - I am an open book. I will give you the good, bad and the ugly .. lol.. I will stop by often to check on you. So hang in there! My God bless you and keep you! Will be praying for you today!
    Amy Miller

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG...this is so surreal! But I'm so excited to walk this road with you! It's going to be EPIC! Love you!

    ReplyDelete