Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Take a Pizza My Heart...

(Yes, the power is back on and I'm home--thanks for your concerns!)

I've been craving pizza--or something equally spicy. Well, yesterday, I went with Dorothy and two of her adorable grandsons out to a pizza buffet.  We asked the waiter if I could qualify for a kid's buffet as I am so limited to the amount of food I can eat.  He asked if I had the "card" that proved it.  A card?  There's a weight-loss-surgery card??  Why don't I have one of those? (Trust me, I'm calling my doctor's office about it!)

Anyway, the manager said I couldn't get a kid's buffet, but that I could order from the kids' menu.  I ordered an individual pizza which took a long time to arrive--and when it did, I ate the cheese and sauce of less than one slice and quickly became VIOLENTLY ill.  I was sick almost immediately after eating--and remained so all day.  Nausea, diarrhea, no vomiting, but I felt so very awful...

Ironically, pizza was always my favorite food--and now it makes me sick. Oddly enough, I think it's blessing...I always ate too much pizza when I ate it before the surgery, anyway!!

No comments:

Post a Comment