Sunday, August 28, 2011

Good Night, Irene

No post today because the power is still out at my house; am staying with my friend, Dorothy--thank God for good friends.  The damage here is unbelievable on multiple levels. Property damage must be in the millions--trees are down everywhere.  Four (I think) people in the state lost their lives, including the relative of some work friends. 

So rather than quipping something cute or profound, I want to just take a minute to say thank you to my friends who have been there for me.  Yesterday was the most frightening time I've ever spent as an adult--the trees around my little cottage lay in withered ruins, as does my relationship with my (now former) fiance.  

Good friends make life worth living...and hurricanes make you appreciate those good friends even more.






No comments:

Post a Comment