Saturday, July 7, 2012

In a State of Flux

I woke up this morning not knowing what day it was.  This is what happens to teachers in the summer.  We live so "Monday through Friday" that we lose track of the days during the summer!

I'm up earlier than I like to be because something I ate forced the issue.  I woke up with a stomachache and after two trips into the bathroom, I'm feeling better and will try to go back to sleep after I write this.  

I received an invitation to a "lingerie shower" for one of my former colleagues for next Friday.  I'd love to go, but I'm not sure if I can afford to buy a gift.  I have to wait a week before unemployment starts, so I'm not sure when the money will even start.  I've never collected unemployment in my life, so I really don't know how things work.  And as a rule, lingerie is expensive!

My mother really wants me to come to New York for another visit--to the point where she's offered to pay for the gas to get me there.  I'm torn--I want to go see her, but I'd like to have a job when I do.  Additionally, I'd hate to get up there just to get asked for an interview down here.  I'd just have to turn around and come back.  My mom had suggested early August, but I have jury duty on August 5th.  I have an annual recheck exam at my surgeon's office on July 19th, and a friend is having surgery on the 25th, and I'd like to be here for that.  If I DO get a job, the start date is probably August 17th.  I'm really hoping that I'll hear about a job this coming week--cross your fingers for me, please!

I went back to the dating website and cancelled my profile--again.  I really don't want to even think about dating right now.  First, I'm not over you-know-who and second, I am really hoping he and I can "fix" things eventually.  Sometimes you have to fight for what you want, and sometimes you have to be patient and hope that it will work out.  

Have a super Saturday.  Saturday?  Yep, it's Saturday--I checked the calendar!

No comments:

Post a Comment