Sunday, July 1, 2012

Sorrow and the Heat

The hot weather is difficult to deal with.  Especially when people around me behave erratically, (which is something I just can't write about.  I thought I could, but I can't.)  I spent a little time at the Y yesterday, but ran into two of my former 9th graders, who made it a point to leave their basketball game to come hug me.

It saddened me.  So incredibly much that I couldn't bear it.  I cut my workout short because I couldn't stop missing them--missing all my kids.

Yesterday the high here was 100; today, it's supposed to reach 100 again.  I will say that now that I'm 121 pounds lighter than I was last summer, the heat doesn't bother me as much as it did.  However, 100 degrees is hot, no matter your size!

Stay cool, everyone.  And have a serene Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment