Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Independence Day

Happy 4th of July.  I hope that you're spending the day with someone you love--or at least like a lot.  I'm spending the day at home.  Last night, there were fireworks at the municipal stadium in Rocky Mount, which is just down the road from the Y.  When I left the Y, there were people in chairs on the Y's lawn already waiting to see the fireworks.  I didn't wait.  I didn't need to see the fireworks last night.  I HAD them...but that was then, this is now.

I took a big step last night and restored my profile on the dating website where I met Kevin.  Not that I want to date anyone right now, because I don't, but because I need to get back out there eventually.  So I restored the profile and we'll see what happens...

One thing I did want to share is the fact that I don't have the muscle strength that I had.  One of the reasons we're supposed to exercise is because we lose muscle mass as we lose weight.  When I first went back to the pool last week, I could swim for 30 minutes.  Before I stopped going to the pool a few months ago (and 50 pounds ago), I could do an hour in the water.  Last night, I worked for 45 minutes, so I'm getting there.  I'm also able to get out of the pool in the deep end via the ladder--before losing the weight, I would walk out of the pool at the shallow end.

I hope that however you spend your day, you spend it having fun.  Just because I'm miserable doesn't mean everyone should be.  And borrowing from Katy Perry, "Baby, you're a firework!"  Happy 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment