Friday, September 2, 2011

Normalcy???

I haven't written because I haven't had internet at my house for the past two days.  I'm hoping that I go home and find the DSL is working again.  Sigh.  I know it's not a "big" deal, but the fact is, I'm dying to return to normalcy.  I am back to work, but the arboreal carnage from Hurricane Irene still litters my yard, strangers' yards and the streets.  Everywhere I turn, I am reminded that things still aren't "normal".

I have found that food--all food--is making me sick this week.  I think it's because I'm in an emotional knot.  I know I've mentioned that bottled water doesn't taste good to me anymore unless it's icy cold--well, even icy cold, it's not great.  Food that I was able to eat last week--that chicken salad from the Red & White, for example--tastes terrible to me today.  The only thing I'm enjoying?  Hi-C.  The red kind.  Which, until now, I've not had since I was a kid.  And I don't know WHY it tastes so good to me, I just know it does!!

Hopefully, I'll have internet when I get home today--one step closer to things being "okay".  I wish I had a magic wand to repair the leaky roofs and to return all the fallen trees to their original grandeur. Until then, I'm just going to close my eyes and remember what things were like before Irene blew into our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment