Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Losing Weight v Exercising...

I saw this photo on a former student's Facebook page today and had to steal it for today's topic.

I haven't found the time to exercise like I should, so I can TOTALLY relate to this poster!  I definitely look much better in clothes--naked, not so much.  Of course, Whit hasn't complained, but I'm well aware of the loose flabby skin that is a direct result of losing more than 100 pounds!  I want to look better naked, too, so I think it's time to MAKE time for exercise!  I love the pool--I think going back to the Y is my best bet, so starting April 1 (well, not April 1st, because I'll be in NY, but April 9th, the Monday after Easter), I'm going to rejoin the Y.  Even if I'm just swimming, I'll be using muscles that I'm not using day to day!

What about you?  Do you have a fitness routine?  What do you do to make working out less "work" and more "fun"?  They say if you can do anything for three weeks--exercise, diet, quit smoking, etc--you can master it and make it a habit.  One of my favorite sayings of all time is a Spanish proverb, "Habits are at first cobwebs, then cables."

I've got to work on making exercise a CABLE in my life.  Have a wonderful Wednesday!

PS:  I know I'll NEVER look like the model in the photograph, but if you can, more power to you!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment