Friday, March 2, 2012

...And You Had A Bad Day...

Thursday was a bad day.  It started with a really disrespectful group of students and went downhill from there.  Normally, I love my job, but I have one class of juniors who are so mouthy and disrespectful that some days I just can't take them.  Yesterday was one of those days.  They talk through the Pledge of Allegiance.  They don't recite the required Student Pledge.  They talk through the announcements.  They talk through other students' performances.  They make rude and snarky comments to anyone about anything, and yesterday I had enough.

Then Google Ads cancelled my ads on this blog--saying that I had suspicious "activity".  They owed me more than $100, which they will not pay me now because of this activity.  Apparently they determined that someone (?) was clicking on ads "insincerely" or something.  They have an appeal process which is a joke, as I filled out the form and within two hours had a reply that more or less said "yeah, well, thanks for the information, but we're still cancelling the ads and not paying you."  Nice, huh?

Then Whit and I had a misunderstanding.  Things are fine now, but I'll tell you--it was NOT my day.  The only good thing that came out of it--and I didn't realize it until now--is that in the past, a day like yesterday would have sent me to food.  Lots of food.  Yesterday, I went to bed early, but I didn't turn to food for comfort.  Food is no longer the "help" that I once thought it was.  So I guess that's something.

It's easy to be happy when things are going well; it's a little tougher to do when things hit a rough patch.  But the fact that I find something to celebrate today after the day I had tells me that I am really, truly healing.  And that's something worth celebrating any time!  It's finally Friday!  Tomorrow's post will be late as there's a basketball playoff game tonight in Fayetteville (90 miles away), and I'll be getting in very late tonight.  Have a fantastic Friday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment