Saturday, November 26, 2011

It's Saturday!

I had a quiet Friday, nothing black about it!  I met a former student for lunch at Ichiban, a Japanese restaurant where the portions are just huge.  I ordered the hibachi chicken, but I didn't want the rice, because it's too filling and I need to eat the protein more than anything else.  I asked to substitute extra carrots, and this place is ridiculous about substituting--the last time I was there, I had to pay extra for carrots even though I wasn't going to get any rice.  Anyway, I explained that I had had surgery and needed to avoid the rice.  The server said she'd have to check with the manager; and when she returned, she asked if I had the surgery card and my ID.  My ID!  Like I'd let someone else use my surgery card!  The ironic thing is that I wrote my own name on that card, but it's laminated, so I guess it looks official!

For the record, I could eat rice, but I don't really love it, and it's way too filling!  So I got double carrots--and then ended up with triple carrots because Tiana didn't like hers!  Fortunately, when they bring your check, they bring a box!!  I will have carrots for a couple days!  While Tiana and I were catching up, I ate a few bites more than I should have and ended up regretting it.  I didn't get sick or anything, but I sure had a stomach ache!  Still, it was great to see Tiana, who was sweet enough to tell me how great I look and that I look like a different person!

I feel like a different person in many ways, but I want to assure you that I haven't lost my mind!  This afternoon, I got "hit on" by a 24 year old!  He told me I have beautiful eyes...I told him I was sorry he wasn't 20 yrs older, to which he replied he was sorry, too!  A 24 year old!  I should've asked him if his father was single! 

The weekend is here, and you know me, I'll probably be at the movie theatre for part of it, at least.  I saw "Hugo" on Wednesday--it was amazing.  It's based on a book, The Invention of Hugo Cabret, a brilliant, illustrated, 3-inch thick kids' book, but the movie is so much more than a kids' story!  Not sure what I'll see next, but I do love the movies!!

Have a super Saturday, everyone.  And to my new readers, WELCOME.  I would love to hear from you--just a "hello" would be great!  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment