Wednesday, November 23, 2011

It's a Bird, It's a Plane...It's SUPER-EGO!

I have fallen in love with compliments.  I have.  I saw a few friends tonight that I haven't seen in a while, and they were very kind about how good I look.  And it felt SO good!  To hear those compliments gives me a high the way food used to.  

I keep remembering how my friend's husband told me about their neighbor who had this surgery and now "thinks she's all that".  I can certainly understand why she would!  People who've never been obese probably cannot, though.  Imagine being fat your entire life--entire life--and suddenly, you're not.  If you cannot imagine that, imagine being ugly and then suddenly beautiful.  Or poor and suddenly you win the lottery.  Dramatic changes like these ARE GOING TO CHANGE YOU.  How could they not?  When you're obese, you are essentially invisible.  People don't look at you--not really.  They look through you, but they don't actually see you.  I don't think I realized how invisible I was until recently when I've started getting attention again.  

So, yeah.  I walk a little straighter.  I may shake my hips a bit when I do.  I make eye contact, smile more often and love that flirtatious man at the grocery store who winked.  I have a lot more weight to lose, but I am definitely on my way!  And I DO look good--and I look forward to looking even BETTER!

No comments:

Post a Comment