Wednesday, November 16, 2011

I'm Still Standing....

My face still hurts; I have swelling still, and it hurts to sneeze, yawn or blow my nose, but I'm going to be fine...I've been through so much worse!!

I hope that when you read these posts, you read the titles, too...I actually put a LOT of thought into them! Today's?  A reference to the fact that Monday night, I face planted, but today, I'm STILL STANDING! That and Friday night, I'm going to see "Almost Elton John" at NC Wesleyan College.  The performer is an Elton John impersonator and is supposed to be quite good!  (I'll let you know!)

Abraham Lincoln once said, "Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be." Good old Abe really had it going on, didn't he?  Think about that.  Are you as happy (or sad or joyful or miserable) as you've made up your mind to be?  Are you going to let that comment by your jealous co-worker ruin your day?  Are you going to stay in that dead-end job?  Are you going to continue to stay in a relationship that makes you so unhappy?  Is your situation really that bad?  Are you complaining about things that really aren't that bad?  Are you going to decide that today really IS the first day of the rest of your life?

Are you a victim or a survivor?  The difference between them?  Simple.  A victim does nothing; a survivor takes back his or her life, promising that better days WILL happen. It's okay to be afraid; remember, courage isn't absence of fear but feeling the fear and doing it anyway!

And in the words of Gloria Gaynor, "...at first I was afraid, I was petrified...(but) I will survive!"  And I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment