Sunday, November 20, 2011

Music, Movies and "Movember"...

Have you noticed more men sporting mustaches?  November is "Movember"--an opportunity for men to grow facial hair and in the process earn money for men's health, particularly prostate cancer awareness. I believe in supporting charities whenever possible, so if you spot a hirsute man, you may want to ask him if he's participating and if so, donate some money!

Music.  Where would our lives be without it?  I so loved that concert Friday night that I made it a point to buy an Elton John album, "Rocket Man - Number Ones" for my phone.  It's amazing how music can transport you!  Listening to "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" and "Bennie & the Jets" just took me back to my teens!!

And movies...I "lied" to you.  Not deliberately, of course.  I went to see "Breaking Dawn" yesterday, even though I had no plans to do so.  I had gone to lunch and then to Barnes & Noble; by the time I was done, the next movie showing was the vampire movie.  It was okay.  Not great.  And truth be told, the dialogue in these movies leaves MUCH to be desired.  Still, it was an entertaining way to spend 2 hours. After the movie, I went to Panera where I worked on my NaNoWriMo novel.  In 90 minutes, I wrote nearly 5,000 words!  Today's work put me over the 40K mark, and since the goal is 50K, I'm in great shape!

I hope your Saturday was as much fun as mine was; have a sensational Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment