Saturday, June 23, 2012

Cliches...

I hate cliches.  I do.  There's a reason we're not supposed to use them in writing.  They have been used to death, and therefore they don't carry as much meaning as they might have once.  When was the last time someone said to you, "Have a nice day!" and you knew in your heart that they truly meant it?  That their own day would be made better if you had a nice day?  Yeah, that's what I thought.

One of my least favorite cliches is "When God closes one door, He opens another."  Ugh.  Could anything be more trite and meaningless?  No fewer than ten people said that to me when I found out that I had been laid off.  Ten!

And yet, I have to admit they were right.  (Just because a cliche has been used to death doesn't mean that it's NOT true!)  I have had two good interviews and have a third one scheduled for Monday.  I'm going to find a job--one that I love.  And it may mean moving to the Raleigh area, which ultimately will save me some money as I have been driving there almost every weekend.

And it was proved to be true yesterday, too.  Kevin decided he doesn't want to date but to be friends.  I was really disappointed because I thought we were having fun, but Kevin thinks we were moving too fast.  I hardly had time to think about it, though, when Jason called.  I haven't heard from him in a while, but I did have fun with him the few times we went out.  He's been swamped starting a new business, and while I wasn't sure if we had anything "romantic" in our future, it's certainly worth checking out!  So we're going to have dinner.  It'll be fun to see him, especially since I'm about 30 pounds lighter than I was the last time I saw him!

So...if one door in your life closes, don't despair.  Open a window and breathe!  Have a super Saturday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment