Thursday, June 28, 2012

Where the Day Takes You...

Yesterday turned out to be a great day.  After paying my water bill (and next month's too, since I don't know when unemployment will be coming), I went to the Y.  It's been months since I've been in the pool, but more importantly POUNDS since I've been in the pool, and I don't float like I used to!  As a result, I had to use a lot more muscle power to keep myself above water.  I hurt a little today, but not too terribly.  I'm going to go back today!  The water felt great, but more than that, it just felt good to be doing something for myself.  I ran into a friend in the lobby of the Y--and as predicted, she didn't even recognize me!  Once she did, she couldn't stop complimenting me.  Really good for my ego!

Then last evening, I went to meet a former student--now a friend--Elena for dinner.  We met at an expensive restaurant, Brio, where she treated to thank me for all the times I treated her when she was younger.  She's doing really well--has completed grad school and is a CPA.  Dinner was good, but it was even better to see her!  I had a strawberry balsamic chicken salad: assorted baby greens with grapes, candied pecans, strawberries and shaved grilled chicken.  Delicious.

And then last night, it was team trivia!  Kevin and I took second place, which was great!  Furthermore, we met a lovely woman, Julia, who had just come into Raleigh yesterday from Portland, Oregon.  She's thinking about relocating to Raleigh.  Kevin said something to her about her playing on her own, and I invited her to join us.  She came and sat with us, and we struck up a friendship!  Today, I'm taking her around Raleigh!

Have a thoughtful Thursday--and if you're the praying type, please pray that a job opens up for me.  I'm sending out a lot of resumes, but getting nervous! Thanks, as always, for your continued support.  It means so much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment