Friday, June 15, 2012

Fabulous Friday...

By the time you read this, I'll probably be driving up Route 95...or 288 or 64 or 81...It's time for my pilgrimage to upstate NY to visit my mom and other family and friends.  My Uncle Chuck's 80th birthday is on Saturday, and they're having a big party, so I'm really looking forward to it!  (Although I hate the nearly 10-hour drive!)

I had a mini "pre-interview" yesterday at a local school.  I had heard from a friend that they were anticipating an opening, so I jumped on it and sent my resume and cover letter to the principal.  He talked to my friend about me almost immediately after receiving it, and shortly thereafter, I got a text from my friend saying that the principal wanted to talk to me!  I hadn't even showered yet, but I quickly jumped into the shower, threw on a cute little dress and jacket and flew out of the house!  I was there within 30 minutes.  (And the school is more than 20 minutes away!)

The principal was really nice, and I was very comfortable.  Because the position hasn't been advertised yet, he couldn't actually "interview" me, but he said that he would definitely call me back once the position is officially open.  Additionally, a second friend who works at that school spoke to the assistant principal today and found out that the principal had already spoken to her and told her that he was "really impressed" with me!

I'm going to be in NY until next Wednesday, at which time I'll head back to NC.  I want to be back for a job fair in Durham on Thursday, although I'm not sure if going to the Raleigh-Durham area is the best idea for me.  I guess I'll have to see where things go. In the meantime, if you've been reading this for a while, you know I don't have easy access to WiFi in NY, so I may not get a chance to write.

It's Friday!! Fabulous Friday! And while I'm on vacation, you probably are not, so have a GREAT weekend!  Those of you in NC, go see "Letters from Laura" at the Nash Arts Center in Nashville.  A former colleague, Jim Lee, has written and directed a lovely play that I wish I wasn't missing!  I hope he's recording it, though, so I can see it when I get back!

No comments:

Post a Comment