Saturday, June 9, 2012

"Face" the Music!

Last night was graduation.  It's always with mixed feelings that I attend the ceremony.  On one hand, the kids have accomplished so much, and I'm so proud of them.  On the other hand, life as we've known it will never be the same!  I, and several kids, fought back tears many times during the night.

It was a really nice ceremony last night.  The salutatory and valedictory speeches were well written and truly reflected the kids who were in the honored roles.  The crowd was more than a little unruly, but I understand their excitement.  Best of all?  A lot of last year's graduating class came to offer support to "their little brothers and sisters."  Our high school is truly a family, and having last year's kids come support this year's students just emphasizes that point!

And of course, many of the kids hadn't seen me in a few months, and they were all really complimentary.  Beth said I look good.  John corrected her with, "No, she looks great!"  I have to be honest--the compliments are so great.  I don't know if in my LIFE I've received the number of compliments that I've received in the last six months!  And a lot of the compliments include remarks about my face.  I don't have the typical sagging skin of someone who has lost almost 120 pounds!  And I attribute it to the fact that I've ALWAYS been a big water drinker.  Before the surgery, I would drink 4-8 bottles of water a day!  Now, I no longer have the capacity, so I probably drink 2 or 2.5 bottles per day, but water is ALWAYS my beverage of choice!

I tried to upload a current picture, but I'm having computer issues.  This photo is about 3 weeks old, but here's a picture to show you the "lack of sag":  


Have a super Saturday!  Enjoy the weather, the weekend and someone you love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment