Tuesday, June 19, 2012

What a Great Trip!

Greetings from New York!  I have had a great time up here, but I'm leaving tomorrow.  This has been a short, but sensational trip filled with family, old friends (like Thao, Sue R. & Sue I.) and new friends (like Tina).  I've loved being here, but I've missed Kevin as well!  I had planned on returning tomorrow because there's a big teachers' job fair in Durham on Thursday, but then I also received an email yesterday from one of the schools to which I sent resumes last week!  And I have an interview there on Thursday as well.

I have to confess--I know that I'm a really good teacher, but interviewing as an average-sized person is a LOT less intimidating than interviewing as a fat woman was!  Rather than worrying about how I look, I can be myself!  I'm excited about this new adventure, to tell the truth!  I have heard from one of my colleagues in the elementary school who was also laid off, and she, too, has an interview on Thursday!  I told her last week that the next time we had lunch, it would be to celebrate, and that certainly seems to be coming true!

Have a great day, and say a little prayer (or wish me luck, however you ask for intervention!) that I have a safe trip home and a great interview on Thursday!  And thanks, as always, for sticking with me.  It means so very much!

1 comment: