Friday, October 28, 2011

Eating Light--International Style

Today (Thursday) I ate Indian and Mexican food!  Keep in mind that I can only consume 2-3 ounces at a time!  My colleague, who is Indian, celebrated the Festival of Lights yesterday, and his wife cooked--and cooked--and cooked!  Apparently she made eleven different dishes!  And he brought me a sample of four of them--beets, these amazingly spicy and delicious green beans and a spicy carrot dish.  He also brought me this delicious "candy" made from grated carrots, cashews, raisins, milk, a little ghee and cardamom.  Yummy! (Although I don't eat raisins--but don't tell him, I don't want to hurt his feelings!)  I also didn't want to hurt his feelings by telling him I can't eat all those vegetables--I need protein!  So after school, I went to El Tapatio and had my "famous" tortilla-free chicken burrito, which is essentially stewed white meat chicken with onions and peppers in a spicy sweet tomato sauce and topped with a little soft Mexican cheese.  Very good, but more chicken than I can eat in one sitting, so for $4.22, I got two meals!  

Oh...and I put on a pair of slacks today that are two sizes smaller than I've been wearing...and they fit! (Although I took them out of the closet and literally said aloud, "There's no way on God's green earth that these are going to fit me...").

And by the time you read this, it will be FRIDAY.  T G I F!! Have a great weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment