Monday, October 31, 2011

A New Adventure Awaits...

I know--that sort of sounds like something you'd find in a fortune cookie!  But I do have a new adventure starting--tomorrow begins NaNoWriMo.  For those of you not familiar with NaNoWriMo, November is "National Novel Writing Month", an organized free-for-all (yeah, I know that's oxymoronic) wherein crazy people pledge to write 50 thousand words in thirty days.  Yep, that's nearly 1,667 words a day.  It's not impossible, especially if you don't have a full-time job.  Of course, I do have a full-time job, but I still want to pursue it.

I first attempted NaNoWriMo two years ago.  During that month, I didn't write 50k words, but I did manage 30k, which later became the heart of my young adult novel, The First Nine Lives of Isabella LaFelini.  I haven't sold Isabella yet, but I am confident that I will--I'm actually putting it on the back burner to revisit another idea I've had for many years--this time in the suspense genre.

So...Happy Halloween! (And if the blog entries are a bit short in November, you'll know why!)

No comments:

Post a Comment