Saturday, October 15, 2011

It's Not Fair...

Nah...I'm not complaining.  It's a Jeopardy! style answer to the question--"At what place will Rhonda be spending her weekend?"  Sigh--I'm not going to the NC State Fair!

There are two reasons I don't want to go to the fair this year.  One, I can't walk the place--although my knees feel better since I lost 42 pounds--I'd have to rent a scooter, which I have done for the past three years.  It's expensive--nearly $40.  Second, and most important, I've always gone for the food--particularly the caramel apples!

I can't eat that way anymore--and the truth is, I don't want to!  I honestly have no mad desire to eat the way I used to.  Last night, at Golden Corral, I looked at the desserts the kids had loaded up on their plates, and while my eyes wanted something (there was one brownie that just looked so good!), my stomach did not.  And while the pizza didn't make me sick, it also didn't thrill me.  

Friday after school, I went to Red Lobster for dinner.  They have the best kids' menu! Broiled fish, grilled chicken, grilled garlic shrimp, popcorn shrimp are all choices I could make--for under $6!  You can even get a petite lobster tail for $8.99!  These entrees come with one side--orange wedges, broccoli or anything else they serve.  I had the grilled shrimp and mashed potatoes.  I ate one biscuit (I just love them) even though the server brought me two, five shrimp and a couple bites of potato.  I brought home the other five shrimp, the rest of the mashed potatoes and the biscuit, and I have a great dinner for tomorrow!

Just because I am spending less money on meals doesn't mean I spend less on tips.  I tip as if I were eating at full menu price. Just because I made this life-changing decision doesn't mean that the server should suffer!  She worked as hard bringing me my kid's meal as she would have had I ordered from the other menu!  So for a $5.85 check, I left her a $4.00 tip.  I tell you this because it's my hope that if you order from the kids' menu, you'll do the same thing and remember your server!  After all...it's only FAIR.  (Yeah, I know...that was bad!)

Oh, and by the way, this blog has had 1700 views! Yay! Thank you for continuing to support me! Tell your friends! (And click on an ad or two...)

No comments:

Post a Comment