Friday, October 21, 2011

Pluses and Minuses...

I am 1.4 lbs away from the 50-pound mark!  Of course, I have a lot more to lose, but 50 pounds!  I think that's phenomenal!

Perhaps it's because my name was/is unusual and I couldn't find one ready made, but I have always--and I mean always--wanted a name-plate necklace.  As a kid, I never found anything personalized!  Well, because I'm spending less money on food these days, I had a little extra money last week, and I ordered myself a sterling silver name-plate necklace.  The technology is so cool that upon ordering it, you get to see the necklace before finalizing your order!  And it came quickly!  But one of the best things? It came with a chain extender that I don't need!  I know that before the surgery I would have!

If you've never lost considerable weight, you don't realize how your body changes.  First of all, as they told me at the doctor's office, you lose weight top down.  I didn't know that, but it makes sense when you think that people can lose five or six top sizes and only lose two or three pants sizes!  That isn't to say that you don't lose weight everywhere, because I am losing it everywhere, just more in my face, neck and chest than in my stomach, hips, derriere.  My legs are thinner, and I've noticed that my knees bump together--rather uncomfortably, I might add--at night when I try to sleep in a fetal position.  However,I can grab my kneecaps for the first time in a very long time, and I actually feel lighter when I walk.

All in all, I'm doing well...glad I had the surgery and willing to recommend it to anyone who, like me, has tried a zillion other ways to lose weight, all without long-term success.  Drastic, yes, but aren't we worth it?

No comments:

Post a Comment