Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Shopping...

I've been spending money on things that size cannot affect--earrings and shoes.  Yesterday, I received a new pair of Birkenstocks in the mail.  They are black suede and look a little like Mary Janes.  I have an average sized foot (7.5) but in Birkenstocks, I wear a 37, which translates to a size 6!  I've also bought about six pairs of earrings in the past two months, too--I really like how larger earrings look good now that my face has slimmed down.  Still...I hadn't purchased the things I need the most--until last night.

I ordered two new pair of pants online.  I bought two pair--one navy and one black--for school.  I also bought two different sizes--but both pair have the best feature of all: a functional drawstring waist!  I don't want to invest a lot of money in slacks that I'm only going to wear a month or two, so this seemed the logical choice!

It's funny how reluctant I was to push the "Confirm Purchase" button when I bought the slacks.  Part of me worries that they'll be too small--which is a foolish worry, I know.  Anything that doesn't fit today will fit next week--or next month.  It's an odd and comforting thought--and yet I was reluctant to spend the money on the slacks.  Ultimately I did, though--and I have to admit that it'll be nice to have some pants that fit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment