Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Baby Birds and LOTS of Compliments

This is my favorite time of the year, however stressful, because my "baby birds" return from their first semester at college and come visit!  Tuesday I had visits from four of June's graduating class, all of whom look wonderful and were very complimentary about my appearance!

The adjective "amazing" was used several times to describe how I look--and I'm still grinning! I posted a full-length photo on Facebook, (I'll post one here, but the one on Facebook has a student in it. I'm waiting to get another).  People were super complimentary about the photo, too!

I think I have written about how hard it is to get my head around this weight loss.  It's so very strange that I'm sure one has to experience it in order to fully understand it!    Some days I actually feel thinner, but not every day.  I bought new jeans today.  I picked up a pair at Walmart--just $16 because I don't want to put a lot of money into clothing until my weight is somewhat stable.  Now for the news: I bought size 16 jeans.  For those of you who are thin, you're probably horrified at that size, but think about the fact that four months ago, I was wearing a tight size 22!  I didn't think for a second that the 16s would fit me, though.  Even though I am down 66 pounds.  Even though my 18-20 jeans are way too big, I didn't believe the 16s would fit.  Well, they do.  They are a little snug, but they fit.  I didn't have to lie down to get them over my stomach or any of the other dramatic things I've seen women do to fit into too-small jeans. I honestly have NO idea the last time I was able to wear size 16 jeans!

One of my "baby birds" mentioned how happy I look.  I am happy.  Unbelievably happy.  I'm not sure if I've ever felt this good about myself, about my health, about life in general.  I'm really truly happy.  And I hope you are as well.  Have a wonder-filled Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment