Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Dashing!

Tuesday night, I went to the funeral of the mother of a student.  The woman was only 49 and died after a prolonged battle with cancer. 

The pastor didn't know the woman; this was painfully obvious by his stumbling and continual references to her by her full name, which she didn't use.  However, one question the pastor asked stuck with me.  He spoke about the "dash".  I'm sure you've seen and/or heard about the dash, but in case you haven't: When people die, on their tombstones is their birth year and death year.  Between those two dates is a dash.  You've seen it "1962 - 2011".  That "dash" is what life is all about.  When you die, you should have lived your life in the "dash".  

So...how are YOU spending YOUR dash?  For me, I know that I'm on the right track.  Are you?  Are you where you want to be?  What are your deepest dreams and desires?  Do you have a plan to attain them or are you content to have them be just that--dreams?  
Make a plan...and then make a MAD DASH to ensure it gets DONE!  Have a wonderful Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment