Sunday, December 18, 2011

Child of the Seventies...

I love the 70s.  Love the music.  Love the fashion, believe it or not.  Love the 70s...but today I love them even more because...drum roll, please...I've lost 70 pounds!  I am so happy!  I had set a private goal of 70 lbs. by Christmas, but I wasn't sure I was going to get there! But I have!

Saturday was a good day--ran a bunch of errands, visited with a friend I haven't seen in a couple of months, and I went to see the new Sherlock Holmes movie.  It was very good--maybe even better than the first!

And I heard from a friend--a friend who makes my heart flutter.  Maybe it's real...or maybe I'm developing a cardiac condition.  :-)  I think that there are those people who come into our lives and are meant to be there a little while--we learn our lessons from them and they move on.  Then there are those who come in and linger...this one is a lingerer.  Sometimes the lingerer stays while the feelings move on; at other times, the lingerer and the feelings stay...seemingly without end.  With this "friend", the feelings linger as he does...

So...I'm celebrating...the loss of 70 pounds is celebration-worthy.  And so is hearing from my "lingerer"...for however long he stays this time.  Have a sensational Sunday, everyone!

PS: I am en route to NY as you read this; I'll post Monday but during the day--there's no internet at my mom's, so it won't be an early post! 

No comments:

Post a Comment