Sunday, December 11, 2011

New Year's Eve...

No--I'm not in a hurry for the end of the year; I saw the movie "New Year's Eve" yesterday.  And in it, Hilary Swank's character describes New Year's Eve as a time to reflect, to have hope, to take chances.  I liked the movie, but my question is this: why New Year's Eve?  Why not every day?

Why wait until December 31st?  I think we should reflect every day.  I think we should have hope every day.  I think we should take chances--within reason, of course--every day.

If I didn't feel this way, I don't know if I'd be a very good teacher.  A good teacher reflects all the time on the lessons, the students' performances, what worked and what didn't.  If I didn't feel this way I probably wouldn't have had the surgery, so you wouldn't be reading this right now!

So a short post today, telling you to pretend every day is New Year's Eve.  Every day, you should make--and follow through--with new resolutions.  Every day, you should reflect on your life, on your choices, on your desires.  Every day, you should take chances--especially if those chances lead you to your heart's desire!

Have a significant Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment