Saturday, December 10, 2011

Clif Bars and A New Total...

Yesterday was a long day at school--from 7:00am until 9:00pm because of basketball.  Unfortunately, our teams all lost, including the varsity boys who lost by ONE POINT at the BUZZER.  It was sad!

Because I don't eat junk food anymore, I had to eat a half of a Clif Bar for dinner.  For those of you unfamiliar with Clif Bars, they are protein bars that can be used either as meal replacement or as supplements.  One bar is 240 calories, which is a LOT (especially since they are NOT delicious) but also 10 grams of protein!  The ingredients include organic brown rice, organic rolled oats, etc.  The one I had last night was "chocolate almond fudge", and I wish I could tell you how good they are, but I'm not going to lie!  Not great, but a half bar is 5 grams of protein, which isn't bad at all.

I've lost two more pounds--taking my total to 66 lbs.  I really wanted to lose 70 by Christmas, but I don't know if it'll happen.  I DO know that my new Shakespeare t-shirt "Bard to the Bone" (with a skull & crossbones, except the skull is Shakespeare!) was too snug when I got it two weeks ago--and I was able to wear it to school on Friday!

I know that the number on the scale is steadily dropping, but all of this is still so unreal to me.  When I think about clothes that are huge on me now, it's almost inconceivable to me that I've lost this much weight.  But the hoodie I bought last winter is loose THIS winter (after being tight last year),so I guess I have tangible proof.  I HAVE lost the weight--and I'll continue to do so! 

Have a super Saturday, everyone...and in this giving season, give to someone in need! 

No comments:

Post a Comment