Sunday, September 18, 2011

If At First You Don't Succeed...

I'm very stubborn.  I never take "no" for an answer.  Tell me I can't do something, and I'll do what I can to prove you wrong--even if it's to my detriment.

Take pizza, for example.  Two weeks ago, I discovered that I can't tolerate pizza.  If you remember the post, I think I promised to never eat it again.  Well, guess how I spent my Saturday?  I went to a movie--the awful, violent, sluggish "Drive" and then went to find something for lunch. A friend of mine had recommended Marabella in Greenville.  When I got in there, the pizza looked amazing.  The "Grandma's" reminded me of the pizza I grew up with, so I paid $4.00 and change for a slice and a drink. 

One bite and I regretted the decision.  Again.  Unbelievable.  Fortunately, I stopped at that first bite and threw the rest away, so I didn't feel sick all day like I did the last time.

I've had to throw a lot of food away lately.  I guess it's part of the process--discovering what I can and cannot eat.  And while it's expensive to buy food just to throw it away, I'm still saving money by not eating at restaurants every (or nearly every) day.

And as I "celebrate" my birthday today, I think I have a new birthday--August 5, 2011,for that was the day that this new life began for me.  So, I'll take the greetings today, but my *real* birthday was six weeks ago! And who knows how many birthdays I may have bought myself with the decision to have the surgery!

No comments:

Post a Comment