Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Thank God It's Wednesday?

Oh, yeah.  Hump day.  Middle-of-the-workweek-day.  This PMS or whatever it is is kicking my butt!  Last night, I auditioned for a part in A Christmas Carol, which is going to be done by the local community theatre group in December.  I've worked with this group before, so I knew what to expect going in.

I almost didn't go--I'm not sure I have the time to make the commitment, but I figured, "What the heck!"  I got the best surprise possible, though.  No, I didn't get a standing ovation, although I *did* get a couple laughs in a comedic role for which I read.  Better than a part...I sat down in the theatre seat.  Easily.  Comfortably. These seats have always been snug--okay, worse than snug--downright uncomfortable!  Tonight, I sat easily, without feeling that crowded, smushed feeling that I have experienced in the past.

I know I've said it before, but seriously--this weight loss thing isn't real to me, at least not until something tangible occurs. And tonight it was something that all you thin people take for granted.  I sat down with ease.  I *have* lost weight!

Oh, and one last thing.  I keep getting compliments on my hair.  Except that I'm not wearing it any differently.  I think that people see me, know that something is *different* but cannot pinpoint what.  Or maybe it's just that there's less face for my hair to cover!

No comments:

Post a Comment