Sunday, September 4, 2011

Trials and Tribulations...

I still don't have internet access at home--and probably won't all weekend.  I'm sitting in a Panera Bread in Cary, about 70 miles from home.  No, I didn't have to travel quite that far to find a Panera--there's one in Greenville, about 35 miles from home, but I was in the mood for a spiedie and other than going home to NY, Cary is the only place I could find one today.

Spiedies, for those of you too unfortunate to have grown up outside the Binghamton, NY area, are lovely cubes of meat (chicken, pork, beef, lamb or venison) that are marinated in a highly seasoned marinade and then grilled.  Delish! I wasn't sure I could handle spiedies, but I was willing to try.  I bought a spiedie sandwich already prepared AND a pound of raw spiedies to have another time.  I'm happy to report that they tasted delicious to me and that I was able to tolerate them well.  Of course, I had chicken--Roma's Italian in Cary also sells pork, which I like, but chicken is a little easier to digest.  I don't eat baby animals, so that rules out lamb, and I *had* to eat venison when I was a kid, so there's no way I'm going to eat it as an adult!

So I'm sitting here at Panera with a cold cup of...you guessed it, fruit punch and enjoying the connectivity of being online.  My world is almost...well...normal.  Imagine that!



No comments:

Post a Comment