Thursday, September 29, 2011

Like a Jellyfish...

...I feel boneless!  I had an amazing workout tonight at the Y.  I went to a 6pm water aerobics class that was *no* joke!  I literally broke a sweat in the water!

It's been about a week since I went to the Y, and I missed it.  I wore my new suit, which is three sizes smaller than the one I've been wearing--and although it's a little bit tight right now, I know that it won't be for long.  That's the coolest thing about this experience--I *know* that things that don't fit now *will*!  

I got a call back from the director for whom I auditioned Tuesday, and she has made me part of the ensemble as well as  an understudy for two small parts, which is fine with me.  I love community theatre--once you're bitten by the acting bug, there's nothing like it, but I really don't have time for a large role commitment.  I look forward to next year, when my size won't dictate the parts that I get! :-)  The first read-through is Thursday night--the show is the first two weekends of December--and so it begins.  I will make myself find time to get to the Y, though, even though rehearsals will take a *lot* of my time!

I have to find a pair of shoes that I can wear in the pool.  The soles of my feet are on *fire* tonight because of the rough bottom.  The other aerobics class I was taking is deep water--which is great because your feet don't hit the floor!  I can't wear a lot of "enclosed" shoes because of a botched Achilles' tendon surgery which left me with a raw, throbbing nerve pain in my right heel. Still, before next Wednesday, I need something to protect my poor feet!

Oh!  I almost forgot.  Remember how I said I'm nothing if not stubborn?  Well, tonight I tried pizza.  Again.  I ordered a personal pan pizza from Pizza Hut.  I took a bite and did okay with it.  I didn't push it, though--and actually had a bowl of cereal when I got back from the Y.  Still, I'm encouraged--and will try the pizza for dinner tomorrow.  (Just a slice of the little thing--I may be stubborn, but I'm not *stupid*!)


No comments:

Post a Comment