Tuesday, September 6, 2011

So Nice of You to Notice!

I spent my Labor Day doing what I love--lunch and a movie.  First I went to Lemongrass in Greenville, where Cherry (one of the hostesses/owners) immediately commented on my weight loss! She made my day!  (Yes, I've lost nearly 30 lbs, but it's still nice when someone notices!)I've been patronizing this restaurant for nearly five years--and they never gave me so much as a spring roll.  Well today, down nearly 30 pounds, I get a free bowl of chicken noodle soup!

I ordered the chicken peanut curry (so delicious), the portion of which will serve me for three or four meals. It was really good and didn't bother me at all.  The chicken is well cooked white meat, and the peanuts (which I hadn't had until then) were cooked so they were soft enough to digest.  The food was good, and a full stomach was just what I needed to take to the movies with me.

Going to the movies without popcorn is still slightly difficult for me, but I know it's habit more than anything else.  Yesterday I read an article on Moviefone on aol.com about a study where people ate stale popcorn without complaint in the movie theatre because they became almost "mesmerized" by the location, the film and the eating that goes on around them.

Stale popcorn!  Can you imagine?  I can--this study just proves what I've discovered about myself--it's less about the food and more about the habit.  One thing this surgery has done has made me slow down and think about every bite I take.  I challenge you to do the same--don't just eat that "stale popcorn"; TASTE it!

No comments:

Post a Comment