Saturday, September 24, 2011

Well, We Knew It Was Inevitable...

Today I have to do something I dread.  I have to go clothes shopping.  I need a pair of pants for school, a pair of jeans and a new bra.  I've waited long enough...it's time.

All of my dress slacks are just way too big.  There's no way around it.  And baggy (even though I always thought differently) does *not* flatter!  Just as too small can make one look bigger than one actually is, so can too large!

My jeans--even my smallest, formerly snuggest jeans--are now way too big, too.  Even fresh out of the dryer, when jeans are usually their tightest, my jeans are so loose in the legs and bottom that they make me look bigger than I actually am.

And my bra?  Well, the girls have shrunk (sorry, guys) and now I need not only a smaller band size, but a smaller cup size as well.  Sigh.  If only you could choose where you lose weight!

So I've put it off for as long as possible--now I need to go get a few things.  It's funny--all my friends, who have been so wonderfully supportive, think that shopping is one of the *perks* of this journey.  I've never liked shopping.  Okay, so that's an understatement--I have *hated* shopping for as long as I can remember.  But perhaps that's been a knee-jerk reaction because I've always hated my body...maybe it won't be so bad.  Maybe I'll even *like* shopping...Guess we'll see later today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment