Friday, September 23, 2011

Keep Keeping On...

Tomorrow.  The beauty of this process is that I know that tomorrow I'll weigh less than I do today.  And I'll weigh less next week.  And next month.  And on and on...And on one level, I know it, I feel it, I believe it.  On another level, of course, I still believe that I'm going to somehow "mess this up".  I don't want to buy clothing, because I'm afraid I'll never get into smaller clothing--even though I already am! The outfit I wore to school on Wednesday must have been "telling" because I had several people tell me that I'm looking good.

Martha and I went to dinner at Applebee's. I tried to use my card to order off the kids' menu--the server was more than happy to let me--but Applebee's kids' menu is just terrible!  Corn dogs, hamburgers and cheeseburgers, fried chicken tenders, macaroni and cheese--nothing I could or would eat.  So I ordered a small order of riblets with mashed potatoes rather than fries.  The server brought me baby back ribs and a serving of mashed potatoes that was large enough for three people! (Maybe four!) I told her that when she brought back the riblets to bring a much smaller portion of mashed potatoes. Well, it came back...smaller, but still enough for two people!  I had taken a couple bites of the first serving, so I didn't even bother with the second portion.  I ate one strip of the riblets--it tasted so very good to me, but after one, I was full.  So, remembering how terrible I felt Wednesday night, I stopped.  (Even though the riblets were perfectly cooked, and that honey barbecue sauce was delicious!)  I brought home three strips of riblets--and left those mashed potatoes behind!!

And tonight, I'm happy,feeling well and so very glad that I took that step seven weeks ago and had the surgery.  It was drastic, but so worth it! It truly has given me a new lease on life!  And here's the picture I promised...What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment