Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Back to the Daily Grind...

I had a great weekend.  Saturday, of course, I met Guy for lunch and went to Josh and Betsy's engagement party.  Sunday, Daisy and I went to Raleigh.  We saw Men in Black III, which was great even though the critics don't seem to have liked it very much!  It was great in IMAX, though; although I am convinced that ALL movies are great in IMAX 3D!  Something about a 70-foot movie screen...

After the movie, I took Daisy to the Twisted Fork, which has become my new favorite restaurant, and not just because they have the most decadent desserts on the planet!  Daisy had the salad bar, which I've avoided because I just don't do "all you can eat" anymore, but I think I'll get it the next time.  It has chicken salad on it, and this amazing spicy Thai chicken salad that I loved.  I had a chicken salad sandwich on multigrain bread that was toasted (without the cheese) and just amazing.  I ate nearly half of it, which is a LOT for me!  It came with sweet potato waffle fries, which I've had there before and are just delicious.  I put 90 percent of them on a plate for Daisy, who refused them but ended up eating them, anyway!  They're really THAT good!

From there, we went shopping, first to World Market.  I love that store!  I bought an adorable straw fedora.  I've always loved hats, but when I was heavier, I didn't look good in a hat.  I think I do now!  In fact, as Daisy and I were leaving the store, I took the hat out of the bag and popped it on my head.  I asked her, "What do you think?" and a man who was walking into the store told me, "It looks great!" Nice to get compliments from total strangers!

Guy and I were supposed to have plans on Monday, but he called to say that his niece's husband, who had been sick with cancer, had passed away.  He felt the need to be with her, and of course, I understood!  So I hung around the house for a while, did a few things and in late afternoon, I drove back to Raleigh to see another movie!  This one was playing at the Rialto, one of the independent theatres there.  I had seen a trailer for the movie, The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, back in December and knew I'd love it.  And I did.  It's a British film starring Judi Dench, Bill Nighy and other wonderful actors.  It was funny and touching, and I enjoyed it as much as I thought I would.  The theatre is an "old-time" theatre that serves beer and wine and has the old marquee with huge letters! It's "cash only", wonderfully nostalgic, and I've seen some great movies there!

Well, it's Tuesday and back to work.  It's 4:12am, and I'm wide awake, which might be problematic today!! I hope you have a great day, and as always, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment