Monday, May 21, 2012

Stood Up and Packed Up!

I know you spent the entire weekend wondering how my lunch went--but I think you know by the title of this post!

Not that I sat and cried about it.  Nope.  I had a good lunch--it was at El Tapatio, one of my favorite places to eat, and my friend (and assistant manager) Luis was working, so it was not a loss at all.  Except maybe for the stupid guy who didn't show up. LOL

I had a good weekend.  I accomplished a few things around the house--slowly but surely, I'm getting rid of clothing that no longer fits.  I've given about five bags of it to a friend here at school, but some of the things I've bought over the past eight months no longer fit me, so I'm packing that stuff up for the Salvation Army.  I have a box and a bag to donate, and I'm not done!

When you lose weight, there is absolutely NO point in keeping the clothing you used to wear.  First of all, it just takes up space that you need for your new things.  Second, keeping old clothing that USED to fit is like keeping an old boyfriend (or husband) in case the new relationship doesn't work out.  Ack!  Why create any more reasons to stay anchored in the past?

I had thought about posing on my year anniversary in the clothing I wore in my pre-surgery photo, but the truth is, I threw those pants out!  They were HUGE, and there was no point to even attempting to get into them again.  The past is just that--PAST!

Monday, Monday...only one more this school year, for which I am thankful.  Have a marvelous Monday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment