Monday, May 14, 2012

Manic Monday!

I had a GREAT weekend.  Saturday, I went to the movies and saw Safe, starring Jason Statham.  I just love him and his "Transporter" movies, so I loved this one, too, even though it was a bit sluggish in parts.  Then Saturday night, Dorothy invited me to her annual Mother's Day dinner where they had WAY too much food.  I was good, though--had a little bit of chicken, some Jello salad with carrots, pineapple and pecans, some baked beans and a tiny bit of "banana split pie" dessert.  Dorothy makes all of her desserts with sugar-free and low-fat products, so it wasn't bad calorie wise, and it tasted pretty good, too!

Yesterday, I went to see Dark Shadows and was immediately transported back to my early teens!  I used to love the show and would hurry home from school to see it!  Barnabas Collins was such a romantic figure--a tormented, compassionate vampire! (Long before that hack Stephenie Meyer and her crappy "sparkling" vampires).  My love-crazed teenaged heart loved him and the series.  I was worried that the movie was more spoof than homage, but my worries were unfounded.  It had a few very funny moments, but overall, it was a loving tribute to the series that caught the imagination of teens and preteens in the late 60s and early 70s.

Then last night, Dorothy and I went to see WICKED at DPAC (Durham Performing Arts Center).  It was my first time there, and let me tell you, I was IMPRESSED.  It's an absolutely beautiful, modern facility that is so well organized!  The play was nearly as good as it was on Broadway!  We had a great time, and Dorothy, who hadn't seen the play, loved it as much as I had predicted she would.  Afterward, we went to Denny's where we ordered from the "senior" menu.  Age-wise, I'm not really qualified, but the portions are smaller, so it was perfect.  I ordered a turkey club sandwich, which was a BLT with turkey!  (And on two slices of bread rather than three like a "regular" club sandwich.)  It was delicious--I had half and boxed up the rest (including the potatoes) to go.

I drove, so by the time I took Dorothy home and got home myself, it was after midnight.  As a result, I'm a bit tired today, but it was such a good weekend that I don't care!  Have a marvelous Monday, everyone!

PS: I weighed in this morning and have lost another three pounds, taking me to 113 down.  I am officially 30 pounds away from my HIGH SCHOOL WEIGHT.  Isn't that wild?

2 comments:

  1. i want to see Wicked.. i love wizard of oz so ive always wanted to see it

    ReplyDelete
  2. DO see it. It's such a great show! I'd see it again in a heartbeat!!

    ReplyDelete