Friday, May 18, 2012

Fabulous Friday!

It's Friday!  I'm always so glad for the weekend, especially this time of the year.  School is tough--kids are getting antsy, teachers have a lot to do to prepare for the end of the year, and the lovely NC weather just adds to the problem!  So, yes, I look forward to the weekends...maybe more than usual this week.

I'm meeting someone for lunch tomorrow.  A male someone.  No more details right now, please.  We've chatted a couple times; I'm not sure if it's going to be anything more than that, but I'm "back on the horse."  We'll see what happens.

Truth is, after Whit, I'm not sure I'm looking for a "relationship" right now, anyway.  I'm getting to know myself again--new body and all--and I've LOVED having the downtime since I ended things with Whit.  He was really demanding of my time, although he probably wouldn't see it as such, but since I was driving two hours (round trip) four to five times a week...  I have just loved going home from school and making myself a little dinner and doing nothing.  Or laundry.  Or my nails.  But the bottom line was that I had the time to do whatever I wanted and needed to do.

I think people devalue personal time.  It's important to hang out with yourself, even if you're doing nothing.  Last weekend, I saw two movies by myself.  It was great.  I hope to see at least one this weekend, as well.  After all, I'm supposed to be my own best friend, right?

Have a fabulous Friday, everyone!  (And carve out some time for YOURSELF!)

1 comment:

  1. YES! ME ME ME ME TIME IS A MUST! I sometimes feel really guilty about not wanting to go out or meet up with friends on my week off. They just don't understand that I bust my hump my seven days prior and am toast most of the time. It's super important to pencil YOURSELF in!

    ReplyDelete