Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Size Does Matter, Revisited...or...JOY, JOY, JOY!

There are moments in our lives that are so filled with joy that we can't express it.  Those are the "big" moments in life--a proposal, discovering a great restaurant, finding out you're pregnant after years of trying to conceive--you know, moments like that.  Then there are those little moments that we don't expect...those times when the most mundane occurrence fills our hearts to the point of near exploding. Those moments are the focus of today's post.

I have had many such moments since I had the surgery last August.  Little things really do mean a lot.  The first time someone complimented me on my weight loss filled me with pride.  Seeing people I haven't seen in a while always is exciting because they are always raving about how great I look.  And remember--when I started this, it was NOT about the aesthetics, AT ALL.  My sole motivation for having the surgery was so that I could feel better.  LOOKING better wasn't even something I really thought about.  But am I enjoying that benefit now!

Today I got dressed in my new size "large" underwear and my new size "large" capri pants.  I topped off the outfit with my new size "large" jade green top that I bought at Cato on Saturday.  I just LOVE it.  Don't get me wrong--I still held up the panties and the pants and thought they'd never fit me, but I am definitely enjoying being able to buy "on the other side of the store".  (For those of you unfamiliar with Cato, one side of the store is "plus sizes" while the other side is "regular" sizes.) The other day, I picked up a little lightweight "cardigan" with a lace back for my friend Daisy because she liked mine.  In the eight years that I've known her, Daisy has always been smaller than I.  Well, my jacket is a "large"; I had to get her an "extra large" because her shoulders are broader than mine!

Yes, little things mean a lot.  And while I'm not thrilled with the outcome of the Amendment 1 vote here in NC yesterday and the lack of progressive thinking in this state, I am happy with the progress I've made.  Of course, my original goal of feeling better has been met--I walk now without a cane and haven't used my handicapped parking tag in ages.  But more than that, I look pretty good these days!  And knowing that fills me with unbelievable JOY!

Have a wonderful Wednesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment