Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The Countdown Begins...

There are just four weeks left of school.  Seriously.  Graduation is four weeks from Friday.  Isn't that wild?  The school year is almost over.  It's almost summer.  Yay!

It's been a long school year.  We've had a lot of changes, some of which have been great, some of which have been difficult, but I'm looking forward to this summer like no other!  Mostly because it's like there's a new ME in town!  I've been looking at summer clothes, thinking about the beach and amusement parks and thinking about how DIFFERENT this summer is going to be for me, more than 110 pounds smaller than I was last summer!

About 10 years ago, I tried to ride a roller coaster at Hershey Park in Pennsylvania.  It was an older, wooden roller coaster, and my butt wouldn't fit in the seat.  I was mortified and that was the last time I even attempted to get on a ride at an amusement park.  And I've missed them.  A lot.  I love that scary-but-exciting feeling of creeping upwards, ever so slowly chug-chug-chugging your way to the top of the peak before screaming in excitement as the car goes careening down the first big hill!  

This summer is going to be different--and I'm ready.  I'm ready to scream with excitement, to ride all the rides until I'm dizzy, to hang out on the beach in my new swimsuit and not worry (perhaps for the first time EVER) about how I look.  It's Tuesday--hope yours is terrific.  Is it summer yet?  

No comments:

Post a Comment