Sunday, February 26, 2012

Ch-ch-changes!

It's nice to buy clothing in smaller sizes.  My mother said something to me about the fact that I shouldn't be buying clothes now because I won't be wearing them for very long.  I laughed and told her I have to wear something!  And really, it's a nice problem to have--having to replace clothing for being too big rather than too small!  Last weekend, I put on a pair of jeans to go over to Whit's and picked up a pair that were way too big.  I didn't realize it when I held them up--it was only after I had put them on, but I was running late so I left them on.  They practically fell off!  I told Whit I felt like I was wearing someone else's pants--and it occurs to me that I was!  I'm not the same person I was 98 pounds ago! 

Yes, the total is 98.  I so want to lose those last two pounds so I can wear my necklace!  Nearly 100 pounds...amazing, isn't it?  August wasn't that long ago, but wow, so much has happened!  I know that the sidebar has my "before" picture, but I thought I'd show you this one with my dear friend, Jeanie. (I hope she doesn't mind--eek, I guess I should've asked her!)  It was taken a month before my surgery. The photo below it was taken a week ago this past Tuesday.  A little different, huh?

Yes, my hair is different and I wear smaller clothes, but an even bigger difference than that is the smile.  My smile these days is genuine, not forced.  When I see a camera, I'm not inwardly cringing, hating the fact that someone's taking my photo.  Yesterday, Whit told his mother, who lives near the beach, that we'll have to come see her soon.  Instead of worrying about meeting her, I'm excited.  I feel good about myself these days--really good.  I spend most of my time smiling these days...it's so funny to catch my reflection in the mirror and see a big grin looking back at me!

It's not just my weight loss that's making me so happy, of course.  In part, it's my relationship with Whit; in part, it's an amazing sense of accomplishment.  Life is so good these days!  I wish that everyone could be this happy--and I do think that everyone CAN.  Remember the Abraham Lincoln quote: "Most people are as happy as they make up their minds to be."  Make up your mind.  Commit to being happy and have a serenely sensational Sunday!



No comments:

Post a Comment