Monday, February 27, 2012

Oscars and a GREAT Weekend!

Sunday night was MY Super Bowl.  People who know me that I spend nearly every weekend at the movies--so the Oscars are such a treat!  I saw seven of the nine nominated pictures--I had no desire to see either The Tree of Life or Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close--but I DID see the other seven: Hugo, The Artist, War Horse, The Descendents, Moneyball, The Help and Midnight in Paris.  Of the seven I saw, I think that The Artist was wonderful, and Midnight in Paris was easily Woody Allen's best picture in years.  I liked but didn't love Moneyball or The Descendants and wouldn't have nominated either one for Best Picture!

I had SUCH a great weekend.  Saturday, Whit and I went to Goldsboro and watched my school's basketball team win their playoff game.  We spent the evening with his youngest daughter and had Chinese food for dinner.  On Sunday, I cooked for Whit, his daughters, Jenny and Jackie and Jackie's boyfriend, Adam.  I made roasted garlic chicken and potatoes, which turned out so well that the kids had seconds and thirds.   We all laughed and enjoyed dinner together and then Whit and I cleaned up and spent the rest of the afternoon watching Bambi, and even though I've seen it a dozen times, I still cried when Bambi's mother died.

The Oscars are on and I'm going to go finish watching!  My pick for Best Picture?  The Artist.  It's different and charming, and I LOVED it.  By the time you read this, you'll know how it (and I) did!  Have a merry Monday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment