Thursday, February 16, 2012

Part Five of the "To Do List"...and the "W" Word--Wrinkles!

Today's "To Do List" item is Rock the boat. I have to laugh at this one, because if there's anything I've never had trouble with, it's rocking the boat.  If I don't like the way something is being done, I ask why we're doing it that way.  I've never been one to accept the status quo "just because".  I was asked to do something at school with which I wasn't comfortable.  It would have been easier to just let it happen--but I couldn't do that.  I definitely did rock the boat.  And was happier with myself for having done so.  How many times have you let someone walk all over you because you didn't want to "rock the boat"?  How many times have you kicked yourself for not speaking up when you had a chance?  Stop hesitating.  Don't let people take advantage of you because you're afraid of upsetting people.  Take care of you first--and the way to do it is to rock that boat! (Just don't fall in!)

The response to my hair at school was really positive.  The kids all said complimentary things, and even one of my male colleagues called me "cutie".  I am really enjoying this, although I wish I didn't have the wrinkles that are emerging as a result of "letting the air out of the balloon"! (And I'm NOT just talking about my FACE!!) My surgeon's office said that patients have to wait until their weight has been stable for a year before they have any plastic surgery.  Before this surgery, I never would have even considered plastic surgery, but now I'm at a point where I'm moisturizing like mad and STILL not loving the wrinkles!  So I think I'm going to start stashing away money toward my "get rid of excess skin" fund!  PLEASE click on the ads on this blog--I actually get paid by Yahoo! (Although it isn't much, it sure will help!)

To recap the list so far:
1) Say something silly.
2) Laugh 'til it hurts.
3) Take a risk.
4) Tell a secret.
5) Sing out loud.
6) Rock the boat. 

Thanks for sticking with me--and have a thankful, boat-rocking Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment