Monday, February 20, 2012

Part Nine of the "To Do List" - Color Outside the Lines

When I was a little kid, I used to work very hard to make sure I colored inside the lines.  In fact, I found that by taking a crayon and outlining the lines, it kept my coloring inside the line! Why the desire to stay inside the lines?  I think it's a desire to do things "correctly".  So when I saw today's item on the list, I thought long and hard about it--and how "coloring outside the lines" can translate into advice for how to live life better...

I think we have to forget that there are lines!  Life is hard; and it's hard for everyone!  If we are spending so much time and effort trying to stay within the "lines" whether or not their are real, something else has to give.  Something else is being ignored because we are putting so much effort into "staying within the lines".  Just who has created those lines in the first place?  

Do things a little differently!  Do them the way you want to do them.  Color outside the lines and don't apologize for doing so!

To recap the list so far:
1) Say something silly.
2) Laugh 'til it hurts.
3) Take a risk.
4) Tell a secret.
5) Sing out loud.
6) Rock the boat.
7) Shake things up.
8) Flirt with disaster.
9) Buy something frivolous.
10)Color outside the lines.
 
Have a magical Monday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment