Sunday, February 5, 2012

No Risk, No Reward!

When was the last time you took a chance?  Risks are so scary, I understand that...(maybe better than you think), but it's so important to take that risk if it means the difference between being happy and unhappy!

Friday night, Buddy and I had a fight.  Over what?  It doesn't matter.  But it felt like we were close to being "over" when a friend of mine gave me the best advice I've ever received.  He told me that my heart loves too hard (I have to agree) and then asked me if I ever fought for a man.  I had to admit that I hadn't...nor did I really know how.  But his words resonated with me, and before long, I was showering, getting dressed and on my way to Buddy's house.  Please know I was terrified...what if he didn't want me after I showed up at his door?  What if his daughters were there?  What if he wasn't home?  What if?  What if what?  What if he was glad to see me?  What if he was willing to talk things out?  I was so scared, but I did it.  I went to see him and we talked things out--REALLY talked things out--and we're fine.  Better than fine.  I'm happier than I've ever been in my entire life!  

We saw Big Miracle--it was wonderful...it was a real "feel good" movie although sad in places.  (I cried like a baby!)  After the movie, we went to Cheddar's for dinner.  I ordered a hamburger off the kids' menu with steamed vegetables (broccoli and carrots).  Buddy ordered a hamburger, too and got fries with his.  He ate my broccoli (I just don't like it--I even tried it again!) but the carrots were amazing! I also took five of his fries, but only ate two.  I did eat half my hamburger, and it seemed to settle well.

Buddy and I might never have spoken again had it not been for my taking the risk and going to see him.  The old Rhonda wouldn't have gone after him, but the new Rhonda did what she had to do to get her guy.  It was worth the risk.  So...my question again?  When is the last time you took a risk?  Remember that there is no chance for reward without a little risk at least.  Have a SUPER Sunday--and let's hope the Giants win!

No comments:

Post a Comment