Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Part Ten of the "To Do List" - Cause a Scene

Have you ever heard that expression, "Dance like no one is watching"?  That's what I thought of when I read this one, "Cause a scene."  I don't think it means "get loud and obnoxious and demand better service", but instead, do something that's going to make people watch.  And don't "censor" it, don't worry about who is or isn't watching but just have fun.  Whit and I are, as I've told you before, same-side sitters.  I had never done that before, and the truth is, I used to scoff at the couples who did.  But Monday night, we sat in chairs on the same side at dinner.  I leaned into him a bit and a server (not ours) said to us, "Just look how cute y'all are!"  She is not the first person to mention how "cute" we are together, and I have to tell you--I LOVE it!  

Whit is a touchy-feely kind of guy--the kind of guy I'd heard about but didn't believe existed.  He loves holding my hand, caressing my cheek, putting his arm around me no matter where we are!  We sat arm-in-arm at the basketball game last night, and I didn't think twice about it.  He'll lean over and kiss me without feeling embarrassed or self-conscious, and I'm proud to say I've become the same way!  We like each other--a lot--so what's wrong with a little public display of affection?

Life is too short to worry about who's watching what and when.  Go for it.  Cause a scene.  It's your life--shouldn't you have a starring role in the limelight?  Be your own superstar!  Cause a scene, and have a terrific Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment